HAT school and current role:
Director of Mathematics (Associate Senior Leader), Hampton Gardens School
Areas of educational expertise and experience:
- Stephanie began her career as a primary school PE teacher in the North-East of England with a specific focus on building an inclusive curriculum for all.
- Completed the Graduate Teacher Programme in Secondary Physical Education and Mathematics in the most deprived area in England.
- Stephanie quickly moved into middle management holding posts as Head of Girls PE, Second in Mathematics, Head of Mathematics and most recently Director of Mathematics.
- Stephanie has developed expertise in curriculum development, mentoring ITTs, ECTs and colleagues requiring peer-to-peer support
- Developing a strong shared vision that allows colleagues to develop their own practice, whilst leading to strong examination results/outcomes.
- During the COVID pandemic, Stephanie developed a keen interest in digital education as a key tool for teaching and learning and has coordinated two Trust-wide events, sharing best practice in this area.
Additional affiliations and accreditations
- Consultancy provided for both PiXL and Chartered College of Teaching
- Masters in Education: Advanced Professional Practice - Distinction Level
- Certificate in Evidence informed Practice (Chartered College of Teaching)
- Working towards Chartered Leadership Status
- Microsoft Innovative Educator
- AQA and Edexcel examiner
- Level 1 Effective Mentoring and Coaching
In-reach and outreach- support offered in the following areas:
- Digital education/digital strategy
- Assessment for learning strategies
- Curriculum and assessment development
- Mentoring (ITT’s, ECT, peer-to-peer support)
- Engagement and implementation of education research
- Support for non-specialist teachers of Mathematics