HAT school and current role:
Hampton Gardens School – Head of Chemistry
Areas of educational expertise and experience:
- Nineteen years of experience working in educational roles.
- Six years in middle leadership as Head of Science and Head of Faculty for Science and Mathematics.
- Creation of digital resources through developing lesson content for a national online learning resource.
- Mentoring and coaching trainee teachers and ECTs.
- Seven years of experience teaching EAL students in international schools.
Additional affiliations and accreditations
- MRes (Master of Research) in Science
- A-Level Examiner
In-reach and outreach- support offered in the following areas:
- Digital resource utilization: In today's educational landscape, digital resources play a crucial role in enhancing learning. Jamie can offer help with digital tools and resources so that technology can be used in the classroom to optimize the educational experience for students.
- Online resource creation: designing engaging and effective online resources that are crafted to meet the needs of diverse learners and leverage digital resources to enhance the learning experience.
- Supporting Science Education: Science education is a passion, and Jamie enjoys supporting fellow educators with curriculum development, teaching strategies, or content creation.
- English as an Additional Language (EAL): Jamie’s experience in supporting EAL students has allowed him to understand the unique challenges that EAL students face and to develop strategies to facilitate their language acquisition and overall academic success.