HAT school and current role:
Hampton Lakes Primary School Class Teacher for Year 4/5, Maths Subject Leader
Areas of educational expertise and experience:
- Jack worked at Hampton College Primary Phase for five years and taught in Key Stage One and Upper Key Stage Two. He was involved in opening the Upper Key Stage Two phase of the school, helping to plan and deliver the first ever year 5 and 6 curriculum.
- Last year, he worked a Peterborough secondary school and was involved in planning and teaching a curriculum based around expeditionary learning for their first ever Year 7 cohort. He was involved in planning and teaching all subjects across the KS3 curriculum based around expeditions, that each had a guiding question.
- Jack was also involved in the delivery of ‘CREW’ each morning which was an alternative approach to providing mentor/tutor time.
- This year, Jack is teaching a mixed Year 4/5 class and helping develop the Maths curriculum at Hampton Lakes Primary. Having predominantly worked in Upper Key Stage Two, he is particularly interested in the transition between KS2 and KS3 and how we can best prepare students for their arrival into Year 7.
Additional affiliations and accreditations
- Experience as a Teach East Mentor, supporting a Teach East trainee
- Providing CPD for KS3 trainee English teachers on the end of KS2 expectations for English and the grammatical understanding pupils should have when leaving primary school.
- MA in History
In-reach and outreach- support offered in the following areas:
- End of KS2 expectations in Maths and Literacy and the standard pupils should be at when starting secondary school.
- Transition to secondary school and the skills needed to prepare Year 6 pupils for their move into secondary school.
- Can undertake observations and learning walks in KS2 and KS3