New Free School Bid for additional primary school on Hampton East Development
2 October 2018
Hampton Gardens Primary School
As local parents and carers are aware, there has been real pressure on school places on the Hampton development for many years. This year all three existing Hampton primary schools are again full. Hampton College added its own Primary Phase in 2012 to help meet the demand and provide additional school places and in 2019 the Hampton Academies Trust is opening Hampton Lakes Primary School.
The Hampton Academies Trust is now planning ahead and wishes to provide additional school places for children living in the new housing being constructed to the east of the A15. To do this, we are preparing another free school bid, to access funding and support to build a new three form entry primary school. If we are successful, we plan to open the school to Reception children for September 2022.
Is another new primary school on Hampton East really needed?
Yes. The demographic projections for the locality indicate a high demand for primary places. Over 3,000 houses are set to go up to the east of the A15 and Hampton Lakes Primary School will not be sufficient to meet that need by the early 2020s.
What is the vision for the new Hampton Gardens Primary School?
The new primary school will have many features in common with Hampton College’s Primary Phase and Hampton Lakes Primary School, but will also have its own distinct identity. Key aims of the school will be:
- To establish a caring, welcoming, child-centred ethos
- To offer outstanding Early Years and Primary education, by delivering a creative curriculum and by individualising learning support
- To use the Trust’s all-through expertise and staffing to provide a blend of generalist and specialist teaching inputs at the school
- To use trust staff and the proximity of other HAT primary and secondary sites to offer a wider than usual range of curricular and extra-curricular opportunities ( e.g. enhanced Music provision)
- To include purpose built, high quality nursery provision on the school site
Who will be able to attend the new school?
The school is intended for children/families living on the new part of Hampton to the East of the A15. However, it will also provide much needed additional capacity in the Hampton area.
Your interest and Support
As many of you will be remember from when we put in a bid for Hampton Garden School and Hampton Lakes Primary School, our application is strengthened if we can demonstrate community support. Even if your own children are not likely to attend the school, we would be delighted if you could sign up to express support. In effect you would be supporting us taking a proactive stance to ensure that there are sufficient school places on Hampton in the future and that we have new provision as good as the existing schools in Hampton. How you can register interest/support:
- Click here to register your support
- Share this information with friends and family with very small children and/or those interested in moving to the new part of the development