We have vacancies across our schools for additional Trustees and Governors. At a number of the schools across the trust we would like to add new governors to strengthen our team. We recruit based on skills, experience and enthusiasm and you don’t need to have been a school governor before. If you would like to find out more about the role and how you could support our schools then get in touch for a chat.
Being a Governor is a rewarding way of making a voluntary contribution to the lives of local young people.
We would be delighted to hear from anyone who has:
• An interest in the performance of the schools
• An open and enquiring mind and the ability to look at issues objectively
• The confidence to ask questions and join in debate
• A willingness to listen and make informed judgements
• Skills or Experience that will add to our existing governing body
• The ability to work well with others
• Some time to spare (4-5 full meetings per year plus committee meetings).
Being a governor can be enjoyable, stimulating and rewarding and you do not have to be the parent of a child at either school. In our secondary schools most governing body meetings are at 6pm, in our primaries, typically 3.45pm. You should expect to give up 5 evenings a year plus any times where you might be involved in a specific committee. Governors, are provided training courses locally to understand their role better. All governors must complete safeguarding checks.
If you are interested, please contact Emily Culpin, Clerk to the Trust board at firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about the trust and our schools can be found at www.hamptonacademiestrust.org.uk/